Monday 22 June 2015

Video installation scripts

Here are the scripts I wrote based on the responses that I received from my survey, along with other research and personal experiences. I have also written the names of the people who recorded each script and I have put them in order of how they will play. Some of the scripts were slightly changed / improvised which works well as it makes them sound more natural. To say we are not drama students, everyone did very well at getting into character, as it's hard when all you have is a sentence or two about how they feel. I think a lot of people could relate to certain parts of what they were saying, which helped a lot. I am happy with the end product of these recordings and I will try to upload them to youtube so I can post them on here too!

"My friends said it would be fun, that I could escape from reality for a bit. Escape myself and my shitty life. And they were right, so so right! It makes you dizzy at first and your vision gets a bit blurry, but then you're there, and the world is so beautiful." Me

"I knew it would hurt, but I couldn't help myself, I couldn't stop it. It felt good too, like I was opening up my wounds and all my problems were floating away. It's addictive! But they stopped me...they told me it was bad and took away all the sharp things in our house. But it didn't stop me. I needed it. I needed to release my demons somehow." Chloe

"It's like there's a little voice in my head, putting me down whenever I get a bit happy. I hate myself some days, others I'm fine. Eating and sleeping well helps, but I still get the thoughts occasionally." Stacey

"Getting kicked out of school, that's probably what started it. But I couldn't do it...all those pretty girls around me every day, those skinny bitches...I couldn't cope with that kind of pressure. I hate myself enough as it is. He couldn't deal with me like that, he didn't have to...I don't blame him really. And my friends...I wasn't their problem, they didn't need my stress too...everyone has problems." Emma

"I think in general I'm a very emotional person. I get panic attacks when I'm in a stressful situation...I have to stop and use breathing techniques to calm myself down. And yeah, I have depressive moments, but I guess that comes naturally with anxiety..." Mel

"I don't understand why people tell me I'm skinny when all I can see it fat. I hate looking in the mirror because I can just see it everywhere on my body, disgusting, bulging out of my clothes. I don't eat anything though and I exercise all the time!! I can't understand it, I'm not getting any thinner. Doesn't help that they keep taking me to hospital and making me eat through a drip. I chewed through the tube just so it would stop!!! I could feel them pumping more fat into my body, and I can't get fatter or Ana will get mad and I have to please her or she'll hate me." Me

"I don't class myself as a victim, and that's important, because I know I'm in control. Support is helpful...but at the end of the day I'm the person who can help myself the most." Jordan

"Being in hospital was the worst. I wanted to get out so badly, why wouldn't they just let me die? I've overdosed three times now, and each time they save me, but I don't want to be saved! They just put me in a hospital bed on a drip, leaking crap into my veins. I was being sick, I was dizzy, I ached so badly, I just wanted to die..." Becky

"I honestly don't have a clue what the future holds for me, or if I even have a future. I don't really know if I want a future." Elicia

No comments:

Post a Comment