Monday 8 June 2015

Casings for boning

On the test garment, I created the boning casings and because they were so close to the edge of the fabric, it was very messy and not very secure. Also, I sewed the left line of stitching first and then the right hand line, so it's possible that didn't help.
When stitching the boning casings into the calico, being a stronger fabric, it took the stitching close to the edge a lot better! Also, because of the seam allowance, I could stitch further into the fabric which obviously helped. And finally I stitched the outer seam first, and the inner seam second. I'm sewing the casings into the calico because it's stronger than the satin and interfacing, and if I mess up, it's easier to hide / not as important and won't ruin the outside of the corset.

No comments:

Post a Comment