Wednesday 3 June 2015

Nottingham Trent uni exhibition

College trip to Nottingham Trent uni to see the exhibitions!
Really love the costume work at Notts Trent, I had previously looked into applying for uni there but having changed from wanting to do costume to wanting to do tailoring, Notts Trent was unfortunately no longer an option. I love Nottingham and know my way around a bit so it was pretty fun, also quite sunny!
Loved this fashion illustration, perhaps I could make my models more like this?
Reminded me soooo  much of Alexander McQueen! Very detailed, kinda makes me think of the evil stepmother from Disney's Cinderella. It's got hair on the hips, must be hair extensions?

Katy Perry outfit, liked how I could instantly recognise who it was meant to be! Costume-y but not crazytoo 
This one was kind of creepy, reminded me of a fallen angel? lots of chiffon, virgin mary on corset piece?

this was just odd but i liked the colours and textures of the fabric and the skeletal piece down the spine
Not particularly related but this was a fashion piece from a lingerie collection, based on the girl's grandparents journey throughout WW2. I think it's really nice how the project had a real focus on something that meant something to the girl herself. I absolutely love this bathrobe and WANT WANT WANT IT!!!!!!!! But there were no business cards left and I couldn't find the name of the girl who's project it was :( I guess I'll just have to do without, OR MAKE ONE MYSELF? When I'm talented enough anyway...or get someone studying lingerie at uni to make me one haha...not a bad idea tbh

No comments:

Post a Comment