Tuesday 9 June 2015

Fitting one half of the busk

I firstly had to mark where the eyelets would need to come out of the fabric, which I marked with pencil onto the calico lining, so not visible from the front of the garment. I then sewed in between all my markings, close to the edge of the fabric

Then I ironed the fabric to make a crease where the seam is for the busk to sit in. I then pushed the eyelets of the busk through the designated holes and pinned the busk up to the edge so it was stuck in place, ready to sew. I had to change the sewing machine foot to the "zipper foot" (for sewing zips, mainly, when you need to get your stitching line really close to something without actually stitching onto it) and then I sewed all the way down the side of the busk, to lock it in place.

Tah dah! Then I sewed the side front piece of the lining on as well

I'm actually really proud of this as I've never done a corset with this much attention to detail or with the specific metal pieces such as the busk and boning!

The tutorial on this website helped a lot, and will help when I fit the other half!

No comments:

Post a Comment