Monday 1 June 2015

Installation so far...

Not really posted about this in a while, so here's a little update! I've got about 2 and a held weeks left on this project, as with FMP...so kinda have to kick myself up the bum here and get on with it!

I'm currently writing the scripts for people to read out while I record, so I can play them during my installation. They are going to be on a loop, so not everyone that enters the space will hear every person speak, but they will hear parts of some of the speeches.

I've been collecting empty alcohol bottles, empty fag packets and lighters, junk food wrappers and other bits and pieces with the help of my friends and family. These things will all go into my installation.
Things I still need to get (and what they are for):
- more empty booze bottles [alcoholic]
- more fag packets [heavy smoker, addiction]
- bits of makeup (old, broken) [hiding your true self, transgender, transvestite]
- a mirror [body dysmorphic disorder]
- a pair of scissors [transgender]
- a pair of women's and men's shoes (high heels and trainers) [transgender, transvestite]
- items of ladies / mens clothing [transgender, transvestite]
- a lamp [for lighting, obviously!]
- paper bags [anxiety, panic attacks]
- rope / belt [suicide]
- old, well loved teddy [comfort, not wanting to grow up]
- old blanket & pillow [insomnia]
- tissues covered in red paint (or something similar to look like blood) [self harm]
- posters and pictures with faces scribbled out [depression]
- weighing scales [anorexia]
- food in plastic bags [anorexia]

No comments:

Post a Comment