Friday 8 May 2015

Second canvas

So after the success of the small canvas I painted, I decided to paint a bigger one! At first I used a paint brush for the words but then thought I could make the words more raw if I used my finger?? So you can see below the only word painted with my finger is "cold". I definitely prefer this so I went over the other words with my finger and completed the rest of the words in the same manner.

It all seemed too neat still, not messy enough for my liking, so I painted my whole hand black and wiped my hand across the canvas, increasing the intensity of the paint around the edges of the canvas. Despite the fact that the words aren't clear any more, I think this works better as you can still tell there are words underneath, but the words and voices are so mixed up and messy in the mentally unstable mind that you can't understand them.

I also decided to put some more black paint on the small canvas, just not as much so that the words are still visible. I might use this canvas in my installation, but I might just keep it as an experiment..hmm. Looking forward to recording the video now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment