Sunday 31 May 2015

Making a corset pattern practice

I tried following a pattern making tutorial but I did it half scale so I could fit it on A4 paper rather than spending ages making a full size one - I only wanted to see how easy it was! So I took all the measurements I needed, and halved them, and started following the tutorial. One problem, I forgot to half the numbers that they gave me too...TIME WASTED!!! I'm so mad that I forgot to half the other figures, because now the whole thing is wrong and I might as well wait until tomorrow and do a full size one on the pattern paper at college! I only have about 2 weeks left on this project and I've not started making my garment yet!! Fair to say I'm a bit worried...lets just hope that I get it done properly tomorrow!


I've ordered my metal boning and busk from eBay so they should be with me Tuesday / Wednesday...just in time for me to have my pattern ready and fabric cut, ready to start making yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment