Wednesday 13 May 2015

Restricted by fashion

So I had an idea to lace my arms into my garment, so as a quick fix I safety pinned some string onto the sides of the lycra dress I made last week. I then got Stacey to tie the string around my arms. The other students found it quite creepy and weird that when I pulled my arms outwards, because the dress is nude, it looked a bit like I was pulling my own skin away from my body! I have a video of me doing this which I will upload later (if I can!)

As for being in the dress, it was quite strange. At first it was fine, I could move a fair bit, just couldn't lift my arms up. If the fabric wasn't stretchy and the string was more closely attached to the garment then the restriction would be much greater, which is what I want. Also, I'd have more bits of string, maybe even loops on the garment to lace the arms in as you would a corset. This also gave me the idea to have the arms completely enclosed in the garment, like a straight jacket? After about 5 / 10 mins, because I was moving my arms so much to demonstrate, the string became quite painful around my arms..but that's what I'm going for. "Beauty is pain" and all that

No comments:

Post a Comment