Monday 11 May 2015

Butterflies? Cocoons?

Just had an idea!!!! Butterflies and cocoons...
So a caterpillar is inside a cocoon until it matures into a butterfly and breaks out of the cocoon. The outside (the butterfly) is within (the cocoon) and then inside (of the cocoon) is without (the butterfly)
So many quotes about butterflies!
I have a plaque with "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly" written on it - light at the end of tunnel, relates to theme of loss
I once saw a quote that was something like "a butterfly can't see it's own wings and therefore will never know how truly beautiful it is" - sort of relates to the loss and heartbreak theme?

From this I have some designs incorporating the butterfly thing, I was thinking maybe make some needle felted butterflies to get the delicate side across. And then I found these in Home Bargains in town! Might be worth investing in some if the felted butterflies don't work?



Found this picture of George Clooney and his new wife on the internet, I was thinking something along the lines of the design of this dress, how the detail starts from the centre and radiates outwards? And I like the fact that the flowers on the dress lift off the fabric, they're not completely stuck down. Also love the structure of the skirt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment