Wednesday 6 May 2015

Pleating

So I started ironing some interfacing onto calico (as it's quite a strong fabric) and ironing creases into the rectangles. I then used the pieces that I'd made to create some interesting shapes on a mannequin, roughly following the designs I'd already sketched out

I quite like the layered effect of this one, reminds me a bit of scales / armour?


This one isn't quite as good, something would need to be done about the two pieces connecting
I could combine this and the above layout to create a more layered version of this?


I actually really like this, and it doesn't show off the boobs, which is one of the things I had thought about when sketching designs. It's a pleated rectangle and very simple to make, I like how it points out at each shoulder. Possibly a bigger one where the points actually went up enough to make sleeves?

No comments:

Post a Comment