Sunday 5 October 2014

Theatre / set design - flat planes

My tutor Jon suggested I look into theatre and set design, and also costume design as part of this  sculpture unit, because of my aspirations of being a costume designer! Looking at maquettes of the set designs can be a huge part of my research, because set designers don't just go for it and make the sets life size without testing out their ideas first! They make paper and card maquettes like the ones below...
Some are simple and some are more complicated, I guess it depends on the stage of development during the set design process. These maquettes are small scale mock ups of the real sets, and so they need to be quite cheap, quick and easy to make, so will only be glued together with tabs/ slots, that kind of thing.

2 comments:

  1. Small scales can be so interesting yet frustrating to make. :)

    those ones are brilliant!

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has helped me, Thank you for sharing this information.
    Aluminium Scaffolding Manufacturer In Pune

    ReplyDelete