Friday 3 October 2014

Spitting Poster - the stages of development

This post is about the development of my spitting poster design.
Below is pretty much the original design, apart from the text at the top was black and the background colour was more yellowy/amber, but I thought the orange stood out more with the white and black text. On this design the text isn't very bold so I might have to have a play about with the font. I need my own imagery for this design too, however I may have to compromise on what the image is of because it's very hard to capture spitting in a photo, especially if the photo is of a child. I will have to change the border to match the other design too, because I want this to be a consistant theme now.


Changed the font to impact (same as swearing design) to make it more bold and so it stands out.

Removed the black border and changed the layout to match swearing design, all I need now is my own imagery to fill the gap.

This design is pretty much there, however I need to get rid of the small white outline around Elicia and Jordan. I got them to dress up and pose, as we tried to capture a photo of spitting but unfortunately it wasn't possible. So I settled for a more positive image of the workers- one male and one female so not to discriminate.
There is a good text to image balance, as with the other design, the text is bold and stands out, has a good weight to it but is still sharp and readable. I think this poster will engage the viewer in 2-3 seconds because of its bright background and easy to read text. The spacing is appropriate because there isn't too much going on in the design, nor is there too little. The text and image fill the page but aren't squashed together. The image could be more relevant if I'd had more time and been able to photograph the construction workers, as I'm sure they'd have been willing to pose in their work gear. The colours of the image don't fade into the background but contrast with it so the image stands out. The only thing needed to improve this design is to photoshop the image further to eradicate the small white outline around the image, this kind of the attention to detail will improve the overall aesthetic value of is design and will only take me a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment