Friday 10 October 2014

Focus Poster - the stages of development

So here is the development of my third design all about focus in the workplace. The changes I made are pretty much the same as with the other two designs...
So above is pretty much the original design, I'd sorted the text out and kept the basic layout pattern from the other two designs. The picture isn't part of the 'child' theme, because I couldn't find a suitable picture of a child showing focus. I can't use this image in my final design anyway so it's pointless spending time looking for the perfect image when I will have to create my own imagery. The title text was originally black but I decided the white stood out more on the green background, also white is a more positive colour. There is a lot of empty space in this design, so maybe I could make the text bigger to fill the gaps, change the font to something with more impact, so the whole thing stands out more.
Above is the adapted version of my initial design. I changed the background colour to a darker, more foresty green, because I felt the original green was a little...sicky! I changed the font to 'Impact' to make it really stand out, and also enlarged the text to take full advantage of the space on my page. I got rid of the black part of the border and stuck with the simple white outline. The text at the bottom could even be a little bigger, however I don't want to overcrowd the design. I need to create my own imagery for the space I have left blank; this will probably be through photography of my college friends dressed up like workmen and women.
So above is the final design for this poster. I didn't change the size of the text at the bottom as I think that it is big enough as it is, and is still readable so does not need anything more. I got a photo of my two friends Jordan and Elicia dressed up as construction workers acting like they are focused on their work. This completes my design because the image is relavent to the text and what it is trying to promote.

No comments:

Post a Comment