Tuesday 7 October 2014

Current poster designs

Listening to a mix of Green Day, Arctic Monkeys and Kings of Leon while I do as much coursework as possible tonight, because it's started to build up and thats not good, so I'm powering through it all! Coursework comes first! Anyways sorry, rambling..

Here are the new designs so far, this is pretty much what everyone's designs look like so far, same colour scheme and layout, font, etc. This is what we had to do to our three designs, which we now have to change to be specific to the two things we are designing posters for (for me: Focus & ear defenders)

For this one, I hadn't added the colour at this point, and also the border wasn't quite right because I needed to make a rectangle and then round the corners, rather than drawing a rounded rectangle and stretching it! Hence why the corners look a bit mis-shapen.


 The below screen shot shows the yellow colour we're all using and also I'd sorted out the border at this point. This is the swearing design.


This is the spitting poster design. Same layout, same yellow colour, would've included a picture when completed, but now the guidelines have changed I probably won't get round to finishing it, but that's no skin off my nose...graphic design is not exactly my forte anyway.


Below is the focus poster design which I will be using as one of my final designs, so all I need to do it add an image, which I already have from when Jordan and Elicia were posing in PPE for me the other day, just need to manipulate those images a little first!

 

Really like these designs actually, everyone's designs are going to look really organised, like they are actually part of a set and this will hopefully reflect well on the construction workers!
They are going to show consistancy which I'm pretty sure has been psychologically proven to positively reinforce things into the brains of human beings (get in there with the psychology knowledge!). The bright colours are going to make the posters really stand out from the dull walls of the construction dept. and the images are going to be manipulated in photoshop so will not be blantantly obvious at a quick glance on the posters, making the workmen stop and look at what the image is! Ooh I'm excited now the project is almost at its finish and all the posters get printed and displayed! Can't wait to see them altogether..! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment