Sunday 19 October 2014

Back to Jake and Dinos Chapman...

So the main reason why I was MEANT to be looking at these guys is because of the dinosaur work they did, relating to our 2D into 3D flat planes project with Jon, however I got a tad carried away with their other work...oops! But it opened my eyes to some pretty cool stuff anyway, so its not a problem. But I thought I better recap and look at what I'm actually meant to be studying and this is also pretty cool!
I honestly love the way they seem to not care about what people think, like this is just quite simply a p*ss-take of artwork (excuse my langauge, I just couldn't think of anything more fitting!), like "yeah this is crap and your 5 year old could probably do somethihng similar, but who are you to judge what it artwork and what isn't?" I love their attitude! I want to create something with deep meaning thats shocking to the public, to defy what society deems as artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment