Thursday 9 October 2014

Jake and Dinos Chapman...again

I honestly just can't leave it, I posted about them, then I went back to google and the rest of the pictures of their artwork just mesmorised me! I can't stop looking through the work, it's so weird and surreal! On closer inspection, I realised what these figures actually had as noses and mouths. I don't think I need to spell it out, just look at the image below and see for yourself...
...so yeah, wow! They really don't give a stuff about what people think of their artwork and who they might offend- I love it! And I love the sarcasm of the smiley faces on their Nazi and KKK sculptures! This work just amazes me...just look, it's so bizarre, so surreal! Also the fact that the sculptures seem to be interacting and looking at the other artwork, it's like everything links together. Creepy but awesome. And a lot of their artwork appears to be the maquettes for the final pieces, like in the image below.
"Jake and Dinos Chapman, the rebellious duo who sprung to fame in 1991 when they defaced Goya's ‘Disaster’s of War’ etchings, have unveiled their latest offerings to art at the White Cube galleries in London.
The show features groups of art spectators in the form of mannequins: small, cockily poised people in black tracksuits, officers in Nazi uniforms with smiley faces on their armbands instead of swastikas, and something resembling a Klu Klux Klan member.
The work, on show at the White Cube galleries in central and east London, is all credited to Jake or Dinos Chapman. The brothers worked in separate studios and only saw what the other had done a few weeks ago." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/8639662/Jake-and-Dinos-Chapman-at-the-White-Cube-in-pictures.html

No comments:

Post a Comment