Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Harley Gallery, Worksop

So we went on a trip to The Harley Gallery the other week with college, and here's a few pictures that I took! The first two are collages that I created, I prefer the second one! And the third photo is of a pot that one of the artists that has a studio there makes. These specific pots intrigued me because she explained that they were made from £5, £10 and £20 notes! The notes that have been taken out of service are shredded so that they cannot possibly be put back together. The artist (I unfortunately con't remember her name and I didn't even pick up a card!) makes pots and cutlery, that kind of thing, and she uses paper mache as the technique! The stuff was really cool, especially the money pots! I could see the little flecks of silver and the colours from the notes in the pots once she had pointed out that they were made from money, I'd love to have bought one..but didn't have any money on me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment