Saturday 21 February 2015

Starting to make Diana dress

So here's my design for Diana, using wicker sticks as boning and have them go over the shoulders, with a full skirt. You can see a quick sketch of what I'd like the Diana dress to look like, along with a sketch of the corset plan and what sizes to make the boning casings.

I want the boning casing on the outside of the corset to show the structure which will reflect the power that Diana has and how she has to carry herself as a "Goddess".


Starting to cut out the pattern! I chose a pattern that I've used before because I know basically how to make it so have a better understanding of how to adjust it if needed. I'm using brown twill cotton which is quite thick and therefore will hopefully have the strength to create the structure I'm wanting.

Strips of fabric to create casings for the boning sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment