Saturday 21 February 2015

Reflecting on my work so far with the help of my peers!

So today (actually about a month or so ago...I never got round to publishing this!) we set out all our work so far and let everyone in class critique it. We weren't allowed to speak, so all we could do was write down what advice they were giving us. This worked really well and has set my ideas a little straighter in my mind. It's good to get some other perspectives on your work, so you can actually see if other people are getting the theme / message you intended. The comments on my work were as follows:
- it's very different
- neat and tidy, like a tailored garment should be
- natural, can see the emphasis on change and metamorphosis
- needs more colour
- needs to be busier, embellished
- more pieces, wanting to make a skirt as per my designs
- more wicker and natural items such as leaves and grass, natural shapes
- experiments for fabrics and techniques, more complex materials
- leaves would disintegrate ---> metamorphosis, the garment would be constantly changing
- 2 different skirts? Separate from the corset. One tailored and one flowing? Just to see the contrast and which one I prefer
- OR best of both worlds and have a fishtail skirt? Both tailored and flowing
- expand sticks down arms?
- maybe stage it with hair, makeup and lighting and photograph it instead of it being a performance piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment