Tuesday 10 February 2015

Changing body shape

Going off on a little tangent here...but looking into changing body shape by bulking out different parts of fabric on Elicia's body. I used balloons, wadding and other bits of fabric. I was creating an accentuated body shape, Nicki Minaj style!
Through the pictures you can see how the body shape became more pronounced, making the bust, hips and thighs bigger and bigger. I was thinking of painting on top of the fabric to link this work to the work of Boo Ritson which I still really like, but I don't think that painting the fabric would be such a good idea as it will soak through and probably won't harden in the way I want it to, as I can't make Elicia stand there for ages while it dries.
I cut the sleeve off a blouse and put the blouse on elicia the wrong way round, to make it more abstract in the first place! I then pinned a purple skirt around elicia's waist and stuck balloons down the top and up the skirt. It didn't really emphasise the bust and bum as much as I'd wanted because the fabric just hung off the balloons, so it would have been better to tailor the fabric more to her real body, so that the extra "padding" was more obvious...

Changed the top to a stretchy grey jumper thing, so that this allowed the balloons to fit better next to Elicia's bust. I also added a yellow velvet waistband and some elastic around the middle so that it emphasised how small her waist is compared to the bust and hips. I pinned the purple fabric around her legs so that I could make her thighs bigger so that the weight of the bum stuffing was supported. This reminds me so much of Nicki Minaj!
needs a bigger bum! It's not balanced out...


 
close up of the bust. I put in some extra material to cover up the "cleavage"


very posey stance!

back view

a lot of work needed to conceal all the fastenings etc


No comments:

Post a Comment