Saturday 21 February 2015

Contrast of loose skirt to structured top

Hearing what everyone had to say about my garment got me thinking... for starters it needs a skirt! So I had a play about with the excess fabric from the corset, trying out ways to hang it to make a draped skirt.

So since the corset is very tailored and fitted I thought it would look good for the skirt to contrast this and be floaty / drapey. I used the same fabric as the corset, but it's quite a heavy cotton so not the best material for draping...maybe I should try something else! Also, having the skirt coming from the top of the bodice it would cover it up too much, not showing off the corset enough.




After the lesson I sketched and painted a quick design of what this could look like if the skirt was a different colour. It's not easy to get across in a sketch unfortunately and I don't like it!

So I did another illustration for a different kind of skirt

But this looks too much like an evening gown...I need to funk my designs up a bit!!
Then I went on to doing some small sketches and adding a bit of felt tip pen for colour. These are more extravagant, more like sculptures rather than boring dresses.

Hope you can read my scrawlled notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment