Saturday 21 February 2015

Feeling inspired...more designs :)

so following on from my 1950's research and that awesome design that I did...

I did some more!

 Really like this one but I'm thinking I'd have to make a whole wig so that the hair colour matched exactly...but it's really cool I think. I wanted to show the aspect of Diana bathing, she would be naked, obviously, but that would mean making nothing, which isn't really the point! The hair shows femininity yet it's revealing, showing her vulnerability. The garment wouldn't be made of actual hair, but I was thinking maybe satin, organza and net? Satin would shine but might be too heavy for the light, floaty feel I'd like it to have.
I love this design but I don't think it would look as good if I tried to create it, maybe it will just have to stay as a design :(


This one I wanted to show power and strength, sort of based on a cockroach (ew!) but also sort of based on this garment I found under "wearable sculpture" during a google search.



Kirsten Fletcher - makes wearable sculptures for performers! Her work is amazing!! This particular piece is Venus, Goddess of the Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment