Wednesday 4 February 2015

Satire piece

I cut out lots of women from magazines, both models and celebs.
the plan is to paint on top of them, creating really emphasized body shapes and revealing clothes. 

I painted around the images with purple acrylic but it was difficult to get close enough to the figures without getting paint on them...perhaps I should've painted the background first!

I decided to paint the background blue to symbolise that women are "drowning in media's expectations". For example the media shows us women with specific features that become our "ideals", which are often very unhealthy! Such as big boobs and bum. small waist, long legs, big lips and eyes, long hair


I eventually decided that I didn't like this at all...so I painted over it! I used a spatula to create a textured effect in a bright blue acrylic. After that had dried I again used a spatula to add white and royal blue tones, giving the background more of a "sea-like" feel. My aim now is to create a fashion illustration style piece, based on the images of models I have already manipulated on photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment