Saturday 14 February 2015

Initial designs for Diana dress

so moving on from this design...(no more PVA glue, yay!)
I'd still like to use wicker to keep the influence of nature, showing Diana as Goddess of the Hunt.

Keeping the same style skirt, I'm thinking a corset top? with wicker going over the shoulders on line with the boning strips.. it's a contrast between the structured bodice and the very free skirt.


not liking these two as much, the second one looks like a ballet costume and that's not what I'm aiming for /: with the first one I tried to have two pieces of structure, so added a pencil skirt. My thought process was that it would emphasise the pure womanly figure more. The second one is just a no no, definitely! too pretty and girly; that's not what I'm going for this time!


going back to developing the first one, I came up with this. same wicker over the shoulders and corset but this time the skirt is floor length.
scribbled some notes about the corset and how long the boning / wicker and casings would need to be, roughly following a corset pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment