Thursday 25 September 2014

More Pictures & Details of Jordan's Arm Painted in Boo Ritson Style

As promised, here are the other pictures of Jordan's arm that I painted in the style of Boo Ritson (see older posts for details of this artist and other pictures!). I made Jordan's arm look feminine by painting a makeshift bracelet on and some nail varnish, and as I've presiously said, Jordan felt like it wasn't his arm anymore, like he'd become this character that I was painting on to him. This gave me more of an insight into why Boo Ritson does what she does, creating characters on top of 'human canvases' if you like :) I really loke her work, and now I'm getting a little deeper into her reasoning behind it, I'm just loving it more, thinking how I could incorporate this into my abstraction of the human form project. For example, people abstract thiemselves by putting make up on, to conceal impurities or things they wish to hide. I adapt the technique that Boo Ritson uses and create my own human sculptures where I am concealing / displaying the things they wish to hide- maybe a body confidence theme? Or at least something along those lines...There's plenty of research to be done, that's for sure! Anyway, enjoy these bizarre images! (The makeshift bracelet was some scrunched up masking tape that I painted, just to let you know, so that's why it looks a bit, well, crap, quite frankly!) Oh and finally, the images aren't in any sort of order - sorry! It's kind awkward to rearrange the images on blogger -.- but yeah..enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment