Friday 13 March 2015

T-shirt design research

I don't want to jump straight into the first idea I've had (t-shit) so I'm gonna have a little look where some of the other themes and idea could lead first, then I'll perhaps go back to the T-shit idea if I don't get anywhere with anything else. I do think it's a pretty solid idea and it would be a shame ,to waste it, but I must widen my research field!

Started off by typing "t shirt design" into google images. Here's some of the best stuff I found:

To recap, these are the ideas I came up with originally and some images similar to what I was thinking, which pretty much crosses them off the list.
- patterns

- words / quotes

- animals

- x-ray: rib cage & heart, boobs & bra?

- cartoon character

- female / male design

- landscapes: countryside, beach scene, cityscape

- Clothing accessories: necklace, headphones, scarf, hat, glasses

- logo: popular brand, musicians / bands

- Places: images & names, quotes related to the city?

- Seasons: Spring, summer, autumn, winter, colours, images, objects related to the season, holidays, Christmas, Easter etc

- collage / mixed media: something like what Tyler did last year? Artist to look at: Nicki Farquharson
Tyler's work from last year (Tyler is someone who was at college doing the foundation course!); Collage of Cara Delevigne

Nicki Farquharson's work

- emoji / faces

- fashion illustration: maybe with some collage? my illustrations on t-shirts, different celebrities? Illustration artist: Hayden WIlliams
Hayden Williams' work



No comments:

Post a Comment