Saturday 28 March 2015

T-Shirt Design: Adding colour to my designs

Obviously I don't want just black and white t-shirts with my designs on, so I made two concept sheets with the basic colours on, one with the brand name horizontal and the other vertical. The concept sheets show plain black t shirts with the coloured brand name, coloured t-shirts with a white brand name, black t-shirts with black brand name but with a coloured box and coloured t-shirts with coloured brand names surrounded by a white box.

Horizontal:

Vertical:

I tried these designs with alternate black and white colours but I decided on the ones that I ultimately thought looked best overall. Below are some screenshots to give you an idea of what the designs would look like with the alternate colour.

I preferred these with the white text as they just seem to look brighter.

This reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on what it is. I prefer the right hand design as the yellow looks like a stencil for the text. 

This works well with both colours to be honest, and it's very simple as it's just one colour on a t-shirt.

I think this works better with the white as it's brighter and stands out more. The white makes the text look sharper in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment