Saturday 28 March 2015

T-Shirt design: Rounded corners and concept sheets

Not sure whether to go for the rounded corners look or not...? Then again, this doesn't matter if I'm going for the plain text without the box behind anyway! (rounded 2cm)

Initial concept sheet, going to try adding colours to make each one more individual, also going to take away the rectangles to see which I prefer


^not really liking the flipped text, thinking I'll stick with the text facing right! I prefer the rounded corners to the sharp edges of the rectangle purely because a body is not rectangular and sharp, so the rounded corners would suit the way a t-shirt sits on the body and the contours of the human torso. I asked my classmates too and they all agreed that the rounded corners looked better.


I'm thinking now that I definitely prefer the vertical designs without the box behind, as I feel the box takes away some of the impact. Still not sure about the vertical text, but I think this works better with the box around. Going to have to do some concept sheets with some colour to see if the colours can brighten the designs up and help me like the horizontal text designs..!

No comments:

Post a Comment