Tuesday 25 November 2014

Choosing fonts for my product and brand

Choosing a font for my brand names!

Started off by sketching out some font ideas...






So I typed out the product names over and over and started changing the fonts to things I liked the look of! I had a whole page full of the word "Fresh" which ended up really confusing me because it didn't look like it was spelt correctly in the end! I had seen the word so much it had become unrecognisable to me...weird!
I then narrowed down the list by getting rid of the fonts I liked the least. When I had a sufficiently sized list I added the words "Citrus" and "Zest" in the same fonts that I'd chosen to keep. Below is a screenshot of the four fonts I liked most.
1. I liked this font because it was quite flowing and a bit like funky handwriting
2. I think this font is quite Art Deco and I like it because it's bold and geometric
3. This one is also very Art Deco and I like it, but I'm not so sure about the fact that it has no inner colour so isn't very bold and won't stand out from my packaging and from other competitors products
4. I liked how the first letters are really big and stand out



No comments:

Post a Comment