Monday 1 December 2014

Decomposing dress / Video installation ideas

for my video installation I was thinking about doing something with textiles, as it's what I do and I'd like to mix the two subjects. So I was thinking of doing a decomposing dress and maybe having it as a time lapse video? I could use flowers, or food? I'm not sure what else would decompose in a short space of time...
Otherwise I could make a dress and physically decompose it? Maybe cut bits off, a bit like Yoko Ono's performance, "Cut Piece", where she sat down and let random people cut bits of her clothing off. http://imaginepeace.com/archives/2680


Or I could make a garment and film myself wearing it, but purposefully trying to ruin it, for example rolling round in mud, wearing it in water, that kind of thing, to see the state it got in. Then I could have multiple screens showing the different activities with the dress thrown on the floor near the screens?

Anyway, some pictures of "decomposing dresses"


No comments:

Post a Comment