Tuesday 2 December 2014

Maquette work in progress / metamorphosis project

So for the metamorphosis project we are currently undertaking, I have decided to focus on Diana and her metamorphosis from her normal self to the "Goddess of the Hunt", and how she must behave in accordance with this title. How she may not have wanted to punish Actaeon, but sh ehad to in order to fulfil her role as "Goddess of the Hunt". I want to create a wearable sculpture, something that I can use for SeWhat next year! So below are photos of a clay maquette I created to use so I can cast scale versions of the sculpture I intend on creating. I have already taken a cast of Elicia's body to work from so I have something small scale and something full scale. My design is like a fishtail garment, with woodland / forest growing from the skirt into the rest of the garment. I want the garment to have a stifness to it, so that Diana has to walk in a certain way, back straight, head held high, small steps...that kind of thing, so she looks forcibly strong.






Health and Safety: Clay; Wear gloves if you have a skin condition or any cuts on your hands, so that the clay doesn't irritate your skin. Other than that, clay is fairly safe, just don't try and eat it or anything stupid like that. Also, more of a technique than a health and safety factor, it might be wise to put something under your clay piece if you will be working on the same surface for extended periods of time, otherwise your piece may stick to the table...mine did! Wrap up spare clay and your piece of work to prevent it drying out if you wish to continue working on it at a later date. Add small amounts of water to moisten the clay if it becomes to dry to work with, however this may not always work.

No comments:

Post a Comment