Tuesday 17 June 2014

Life drawing - starting off

This is one 3rd of my life drawing from the start of the life drawing term to the end. You can really see how my techniques have developed and how, at least I think, I've improved at drawing!

These images below aren't great but they are the first life drawings I've ever done! The proportion isn't quite right and I didn't manage to finish them as I was trying to take my time and get the body as accurate as possible.


I think this one (below) is pretty decent for a first attempt. If I remember correctly, we had about 10 minutes on each pose to start with.


I quite like this one (below) but the head might be a little on the small side






(below) We had to draw without looking at our paper, looking at only the model... so this is what I came out with!

We got shorter timings for these drawings, getting down from 5 minutes to 1 second! This was to speed up our drawing speeds and get as much detail down in a short time as we could.

(below) I elongated the body a little too much in these drawings, but I was working a lot faster and getting the majority of the body drawn!

So overall, these drawings were not bad but not great either, and I've since proved that I can do a lot better! Check out my next two posts for the rest of my life drawings (the better ones!)

No comments:

Post a Comment