Tuesday 17 June 2014

Life drawing - the final sketches

 These are the final life drawings I did towards the end of our term of life drawing. I think many of these are my strongest pieces as they show where my style is now that I have had time to develop certain techniques and find out what works for me and what doesn't.

I really like this piece however I had the same problem of the head being too small, other than that I love the definition and the shading. Charcoal is definitely a medium I love working with and one of my strengths when it comes to sketching.


The body is totally out of proportion in this drawing but it's almost like some kind of crazy perspective abstraction, so fits in nicely with moving to look at abstraction of the human form.


This is another finger painting piece which I really like as it's messy but refined. The torso is slightly out of proportion which is a problem I seem to keep having! This is probably something I should work on in my own time, however, getting someone who's up for modelling nude for you is not exactly easy!


I was being way too perfectionist on this drawing as I didn't get to finish it! However it looks pretty good so would've been a pretty good piece if I had finished it.


The following drawings were drawn using a piece of charcoal on the end of a stick, so we were drawing from a distance. The top one I went over and added detail with charcoal.











 These pieces were done in the Matise style





























No comments:

Post a Comment